2019 Suzuki DR-Z50
The 2019 Suzuki DR-Z50 is the ideal way to introduce young beginning riders to the sport of motorcycling. This compact, Suzuki-built mini-bike brings ease and convenience to riders just getting started on two wheels. With an automatic clutch, three-speed transmission, electric starting, and a low 22-inch seat height, this race-styled bike will help build confidence and riding ability for young supervised riders. The 49cc engine delivers a smooth, controllable power band, and adult supervisors can adjust its power level so young riders can learn at a proper pace.
This motorcycle can be in the family for years, thanks to its rugged construction and sturdy 10-inch wheels; the Suzuki DR-Z50 combines a reliable engine with quality running gear that's built to last. The 2019 DR-Z50 is the ideal way to get your whole family involved in motorcycling!
- Powered by a reliable, 49cc, four-stroke engine, the DR-Z50 has plenty of torque to deliver the right level of controllable performance for a younger rider.
- The DR-Z50's engine has a smooth power band with peak power that can be controlled via the adjustable throttle limiter that allows supervising adults to control engine output to suit the rider's ability.
- Starting the DR-Z50 requires a simple push of the electric start button. Riders can also kick-start the bike, so a fun day of riding is always available.
- Clean-burning four-stroke engine is EPA Emissions and California red sticker compliant.
- Adult supervision is essential, so young riders get off to a safe and fun start to motorcycling. The DR-Z50 provides the security of a keyed ignition, so the engine can't run unless an adult has switched it on.
- Spark-arrestor equipped muffler is environmentally friendly, yet has a pleasant exhaust note.
- The easy-to-use automatic clutch smoothly transmits power through the three-speed transmission, so beginning riders learn key-shifting techniques, while discovering the joy of riding.
- Inverted front forks have a RM-Z-inspired design to produce enjoyable riding on a variety of terrain surfaces, with 3.8 inches of front wheel travel to absorb bumps.
- Aggressive RM-Z-inspired styling with bright yellow bodywork and matching graphics let the rider enjoy a big bike look and appeal.
- Don't be fooled by the DR-Z50's light weight: It has a durable steel frame and swingarm designed to carry a wide range of riders and can easily tackle a variety of riding conditions.
- Strong braking performance is provided by front and rear drum brakes. Adjustable front brake lever fits a variety of different-sized hands for optimum young rider control.
- Low 22-inch seat height puts entry-level riders at ease. A slightly forward-leaning riding position allows for maximum rider mobility.
- The DR-Z50 is designed for use by children and off-road use only—do not use on public roads. Single rider only—weight limit 40 kg (88 pounds).
- The DR-Z50 is not recommended for children under age seven. Parental supervision is required during operation. Rider must always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Ride safely and be thoughtful of others.
- Six-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for DR-Z50 families are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- Engine: 49cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
- Bore x Stroke: 39.0 mm x 41.8 mm (1.53 in. x 1.64 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1
- Fuel System: Mikuni VM13, single carburetor
- Starter: Electric with back-up primary kickstarter
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Clutch: Automatic clutch
- Transmission: 3-speed constant mesh
- Drive Chain: Chain, DID 428DS, 78 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring
- Suspension Rear: Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Drum brake
- Brakes Rear: Drum brake
- Tires Front: 2.50 - 10 33J, tube type
- Tires Rear: 2.50 - 10 33J, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 3.0 L (0.8 US gal.)
- Color: Championship Yellow No.2
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark Plug: NGK CR7HSA or DENSO U22FSR-U
- Overall Length: 1320 mm (52.0 in)
- Overall Width: 580 mm (22.8 in)
- Overall Height: 790 mm (31.1 in)
- Wheelbase: 935 mm (36.8 in)
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm (5.3 in)
- Seat Height: 560 mm (22.0 in)
- Curb Weight: 54 kg (119 lb.)
- Warranty: 6-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.*
- Extensions: *Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, OHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 1.53 in. x 1.64 in. (39.0 mm x 41.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni VM13, single carburetor
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring
- Front Brakes
- Drum brake
- Front Tire
- 2.50 - 10 33J, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Drum brake
- Rear Tire
- 2.50 - 10 33J, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 119 lb. (54 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 0.8 US gal. (3.0 L)
- 36.8 in. (935 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 5.3 in. (135 mm)
- Seat Height
- 22.0 in. (560 mm)
- 3-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID 428DS, 78 links
- Championship Yellow No.2
- 6-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.