2018 Suzuki SV650
Stock Image: Glass Sparkle Black
Suzuki continues to refine this iconic motorcycle that embodies the sporty personality that only a lively, mid-sized V-twin roadster can deliver. The SV650 has a polished powerplant that provides surprising performance with low emissions and outstanding fuel economy, mated to refined trim and lightweight chassis that delivers a sporty, exciting ride. Like its predecessors, the 2018 SV650 promises to have the sparkling performance, style and value that a broad range of riders will enjoy.
- Liquid cooled, 645cc, 4-stroke, DOHC, V-twin engine delivers inspired performance.
- Suzuki EFI system with Low RPM Assist makes take offs smooth and pleasant.
- Trellis-style frame constructed of high-strength steel tubes contributes to the motorcycle’s low weight and trim chassis.
- Slim bodywork is aesthetically pleasing while aiding comfort and maneuverability.
- Spring pre-load adjusters are added to the fork, and new Dunlop “Road Smart III’s make this the best handling bike in its class.
- Class exclusive*, 645cc DOHC 90°V-twin engine produces strong, torque-rich horsepower while conforming the latest emission requirements.
- The energy efficient engine has unique pistons that were engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- Each piston skirt has a special resin coating, and the other sliding part are tinned for less friction and greater durability – a first for a Suzuki motorcycle.
- Suzuki’s innovative L-shaped piston rings contribute to reduce blow-by gas, resulting in less emissions and greater combustion efficiency.
- SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material)-plated cylinders reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Both cylinder heads feature Suzuki’s original Dual Spark Technology for greater combustion efficiency, better fuel economy and cleaner emission.
- The fuel injection system employs Suzuki’s innovative, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) with 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by servo motor for smooth power delivery and optimum combustion efficiency.
- Ten-hole; long-nosed type fuel injectors on each throttle body improves fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- The EFI system employs O2 feedback and a precise intake pressure sensor for optimum combustion efficiency in various conditions, and reduces emissions to an incredibly low level.
- Suzuki’s patented, Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) eases starting, stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the SV650 incorporates Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed running to smooth the power delivery and to help eliminate the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Advanced, transistorized ignition control programming helps maintain more precise spark timing to the four iridium, long-life spark plugs.
- The SV650 also features Suzuki’s Easy Start system (which was first featured on the GSX-S1000) that lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start switch without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The air cleaner case design has high capacity and routes crankcase breather gas from the engine cover to help increase engine power. The air intake funnels have staggered lengths to heighten mid-range torque.
- The exhaust system has a clean, functional appearance and lower weight. The 2-into1 system has a catalyzer to further reduce emissions.
- The high-efficiency radiator employs a large cooling fan for exceptional cooling capacity. To further control temperature, the engine is also fitted with a coolant-cooled, oil cooler that is compact and lightweight.
- The close-ratio, six-speed transmission features carefully selected ratios that are equally well suited for commuting or spirited riding.
- The multiplate clutch has precise rack & pinion actuation for a light pull and consistent release point.
- Bright, durable LED combination tail and brake light, plus front and rear, amber tinted turn signals.
- Attention to rider comfort and confidence includes a carefully shaped seat with a high-grip cover, and integrated cargo retention loops that can pull out from under the seat.
- The styling was conceived to express slim, lightweight design and to showcase the strength of V-twin engine. The clean, neatly shaped body lines are aimed to be appealing to a wide range of riders.
- Racing stripes and refined fuel tank shape enhances the motorcycle’s sporty character. Fuel tank capacity is an ample 14.5L (3.8 US gal) for both US and California specification models.
- New Blue/White color scheme is reminiscing of past Suzuki racing models while a new Black color scheme is set off by the trellis frame finished in a bright red to deliver a European sport look.
- The compact, lightweight chassis is covered with slim bodywork to create a bike that’s agile and fun to ride on a variety of streets – such as city traffic, highway, rural roads and winding roads.
- The ready-to-ride weight of the 2018 SV650 is just 432 pounds.
- The high-strength steel, trellis-style frame is key to the motorcycle’s trim and intelligent dimensions. The seat height is just 785mm (30.9 in.) and is the lowest in the 600 – 800cc street bike class.
- The SV650’s fuel tank is short and narrow but maintains the same 3.8 US gallon fuel capacity in both US and California versions.
- The slim fuel tank and seat joint aids the rider touch the ground better at stops.
- The frame is mated to a steel, beam-type swingarm with a straightforward chain tension adjuster system.
- The 41mm conventional style front fork has a generous 125mm (4.9 in.) of wheel travel to provide a sporty, but plush ride.
- New preload adjusters for 2018 on each fork leg allow the rider to quickly tune the front fork’s spring rate for riding conditions or load weight.
- Link-type rear shock unit has 63mm (2.48 in.) stroke, and is tuned for a superb progressive feel and to react efficiently to varied road conditions while still delivering an agile and stable feel.
- The rear shock’s spring pre-load is 7-way adjustable so you can easily adjust for a passenger or cargo.
- Five-spoke cast-aluminum-alloy wheels are shod with lightweight, front and rear DUNLOP radial tires for sharp handling and good mileage.
- New Dunlop ROAD SMART III tires are fitted for 2018 to help with handling and all-around tire performance.
- Fresh design, compact and lightweight instrument cluster has a full LCD display eliminating motor and needle mechanics.
- The instrument panel has several features, including a tachometer, speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, gear position, plus fuel consumption and driving range data.
- Well proportioned, tubular handlebars and mid-set foot controls create a sporting, yet ergonomically relaxed riding position.
- Tastefully designed, round shaped headlight is multi-reflector type with 12V60/55W halogen bulb.
- Stylized Suzuki “S” 3-D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denotes the quality, sophistication and performance legacy of the brand.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for SV owners are available including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- 12-month limited warranty
- Engine: 645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-twin
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 x 62.6 mm (3.189 x 2.465 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.2: 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate type
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Dual, 2-piston calipers, Twin-disc brake rotor
- Brakes Rear: Single 1-piston caliper, single-disc brake rotor
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 14.5 L (3.8 US gal.)
- Color: Metallic Triton Blue / Pearl Glacier White, Glass Sparkle Black
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Headlight: 12 V, 60/55 W (H4)
- Tail Light: LED
- Overall Length: 2140 mm (84.3 in.)
- Overall Width: 760 mm (29.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1445 mm (56.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm (5.3 in.)
- Seat Height: 785 mm (30.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 196 kg (432.1 lb.)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC, 90 deg. V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.189 x 2.465 in. (81.0 x 62.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 11.2: 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- 6-speed, constant mesh
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Dual, 2-piston calipers, Twin-disc brake rotor
- Rear Brakes
- Single 1-piston caliper, single-disc brake rotor
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
- 56.9 in. (1445 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in. (785 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.8 US gal. (14.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 432.1 lb. (196 kg)
- Metallic Triton Blue / Pearl Glacier White, Glass Sparkle Black
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty