2018 Honda CBR300R
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
This bike delivers big.
Whether this is your first bike or you have a garage full of them, Honda’s CBR300R is a blast to ride. Its single-cylinder engine offers excellent fuel efficiency, and is narrow so it’s easier to sit on the bike and get your feet on the ground. It has capable power and it’s one of the most maneuverable bikes we’ve ever designed. In town, the CB300R is plenty of fun–but where it really comes alive is twisty roads that make the most of its light weight and nimble design.
MotoGP DNA: Honda’s race-winning heritage includes well over 700 total MotoGP victories. This superior engineering and technology puts our GP bikes in the winners’ circle and gives the CB300R the performance it needs on the street.
Impressive Maneuvers: Because it’s a single-cylinder machine, the CBR300R is narrow, with a low 30.7-inch seat height and light 357-pound curb weight. This makes building confidence and getting around easier than ever.
Single-Cylinder Sensation: The CB300R is all about mid-range power and torque, thanks to its single-cylinder engine with fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counterbalancer. What you get is big performance in a smaller bike.
- Disc Brakes: The CBR300R features a 296mm front and 220mm rear hydraulic disc for excellent stopping power and brake feel.
- Under-Seat Storage: Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a wallet, gloves or a spare set of sunglasses.
- Passenger Ready: A separate passenger seat, integrated grab rail and standard passenger footpegs mean you can take a friend along when you go riding—another example of the CBR300R's versatility.
- Narrow Seat & Low Seat Height: A low 30.7-inch seat height does more than help make sure the CBR300R fits a wide range of riders. It makes it easier to put your feet down at stoplights and in parking lots—a big confidence builder.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR300R uses a single-shock preload-adjustable rear suspension that not only gives you a smooth ride but helps enhance handling as well, like some of our larger sport models.
- Counterbalance Shaft: Because it features a counterbalancer, the CBR300R engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CBR300R. It's light, simple, fuel efficient and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque—just what you want in your first motorcycle, but geared for comfortable cruising at highway speeds.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the CBR300R starts right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel efficiency.
- Supersport Styling: The CBR300R features full-cowl Supersport styling and dual headlights, increasing aero efficiency and carrying the styling cues from our CBR-RR series.
- Analog/Digital Instrumentation: The CBR300R’s digital gauges with analog tachometer provide vital riding information in a styled, hi-tech instrumentation package featuring digital speedometer, fuel gauge, coolant temp, tripmeter/odometer and clock.
- Engine Type: 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 63 mm
- Induction: PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front Suspension: 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire: 110/70-17
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17
- Rake: 25.30 deg.
- Trail: 98 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 357 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 71 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: CBR300R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red, Matte Black Metallic
- Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.30 deg.
- 98 mm (3.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 gal.
- 71 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 357 lb.
- Red, Matte Black Metallic