2016 Honda Metropolitan
Stock Image: Red
More Stylish—and More Fun—Than Ever.
Has there ever been a scooter that’s as cool and as much fun as the Honda Metropolitan? This little two-wheeled wonder has been a favorite for years. So stylish and smart, everybody who sees one instantly falls in love with it. And now, for 2016, the Metropolitan is better than ever. First, there’s the fresh, new style—that you can see for yourself. But what you can’t see is a beauty that’s more than skin deep—the Metropolitan’s new liquid-cooled four-stroke Honda engine. It offers the kind of Honda reliability no other scooter in the class can touch. But we kept the best parts of the Metropolitan too: the practical under-seat storage area, the no-shift automatic transmission, and the fun and freedom that have always been standard equipment on this little two-wheel wonder.
Sharp New Styling: From front to back, the new Metropolitan gets a major makeover. Check out the new handlebar-mounted headlight and instruments, as well as the curvy new bodywork.
New Honda Engine: Big news this year: The Metropolitan gets a 49cc liquid-cooled four-stroke engine with fuel injection. Smooth, powerful, super reliable and environmentally conscious, it also gets over 100 miles per gallon!*
Practical, Too: The Metropolitan is one of the best urban errand-runners ever. There’s a convenience hook that holds totes and grocery bags, an inner rack that catches your water bottle or other small items, and a full 22 liters of secure under-seat storage that holds a helmet and more.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): New for 2016, the Metropolitan features a liquid-cooled 49cc four-stroke engine with fuel injection. It’s quiet, economical, and super reliable—everything you’d expect from a Honda.
- V-Matic Automatic Transmission: The Metropolitan’s multi-speed automatic transmission means no shifting ever—not even into park or neutral. Just turn the key, press the starter button, and go!
- Combined Braking System: Activate the rear brake, and CBS automatically adds front braking to help you stop.
- 22-Liter Underseat Storage: The Metropolitan features a large under-seat storage area big enough for a helmet, your books, or some groceries. The storage area features a lock for added security and is weather-resistant too.
- Convenience Hook: A super easy way to hang a tote, grocery bag, or purse strap, the hook is big and easy to use.
- Instruments: A clean, stylish instrument panel is right in line with the Metropolitan’s smart design.
- New Styling: For 2016, the Metropolitan gets a major styling makeover. Check out the new headlight and badging, along with the smooth bodywork that’s a functional as it is eye-catching.
- Engine Type: 49cc single-cylinder four-stroke
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- Front Suspension: Twin-downtube fork; 2.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 2.3 in. travel
- Front Brake: Drum
- Rear Brake: Drum with CBS
- Front Tire: 80/100-10
- Rear Tire: 80/100-10
- Wheelbase: 46.5 in.
- Seat Height: 28.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 179 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.2 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 117 MPG
- Available Colors: Pearl White, Pearl Blue and Red
- Model Id: NCH50
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Single cylinder four-stroke
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- Front Suspension
- Twin-downtube fork; 2.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 2.3 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Drum with CBS
- Rear Tire
- Curb Weight
- 179 lb.
- Seat Height
- 28.3 in.
- 46.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.2 gal.
- Pearl White, Pearl Blue and Red
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan